San Francisco - Day 2

Realizing we got the shit tour the day before, Marilen decided to take us on her own tour of the city and take us to the neighborhoods that we missed. After eating breakfast, we went towards the SOMA area where she works and that is where we found the Home of the Giants! The building looks so cool surrounded by water in the background. We also saw a whole bunch of Filipino's there so we assumed it was Filipino Day at the ball park lol! After that, she took us driving along the Wharf.

Along the coast were 2 new restaurants that I wanted to eat at. Wetbar and Epic. These two restaurants are side by side but next time we go, I for sure want to eat there. Those restaurants also have a nice background of the Bay Bridge. This is the bridge that you take to go to Oakland. It's one way traffic on top and one way traffic on the bottom. Looks pretty cool. This bridge is what inspired George Lucas as well to create those skyscraper like machines i the road to slow everything down. Now I don't know if this story is bullshit but it kinn his Star Wars films.

Right after that, we ended up going to Lombard Street, which is the location of the famous "Crooked Street". From the bus tour the day before, they told us that the story behind this street was they had to make a pathway that slowed the hill down since it was such a steep hill. Back in the day horses use to tumble to their deaths since it was virtually impossible to slow down. So they carved angles ond of makes sense so I'm sticking to it LOL! Besides, who cares about the story. This street was friggin cool. Just the view at the bottom of the street was amazing and it's just so funny that people actually live on this street with all these tourists going back and forth right in front of their homes. The stupid part is that once we drove down the street, smart me decided that we would walk up...WHILE I WAS SMOKING! I got really tired but it was all worth it. The view form the top was just amazing and Leesh, Marilen and I enjoyed it. Yes Marilen enjoyed it even though she was from there. I mean think about it, how many times do you go to the CN tower here in Toronto? You just take it for granted where you live sometimes and it's good when visitors come cause you get to do things you normally don't do.

Anyway right after that we went off on our merry way to go to Japan town. This is one of the things I really wanted to do before coming here. Lets just say, it was like a smaller version of Pacific mall but with a more laid back attitude. It was alright I guess, nothing really to see. I mean we would've loved to eat sushi there but since we were going to eat that for dinner already, we passed and just walked around. The funniest was there was this store called "Pika Pika". It was one of those stores that you just go into a photo booth and take pics with your friends with different typical Japanese backgrounds and you print them off as stickers. Well as we left the store, Marilen goes "Pika Pika is Japanese for waste of money" LOL!! That was hilarious!

After that it was off to Ocean Beach. I didn't really expect much but when we got here and pulled up to the parking lot, I finally saw them. SURFERS!!! LOL I freaked out when I saw them and immediately went on the boardwalk to find some that were in the water. I saw some from far away but still managed to stalk..oops I mean take a pic of this guy who was finished his session and was on his merry way back home. Then it was time for us to head back and go get ready for dinner at Blowfish Sushi.

The food here was excellent and the best part about it, it was just around the corner from Marilen's place! We had a fun time at dinner and enjoyed the food. Our first drinks were awesome but the second batch of drinks that came were okay. They looked good in the picture though lol! Needless to say we had a great time at dinner and Marilen almost added to the Anime theme of the place when her top decided to untie itself and her top almost fell off on the right side LOL! You can see more pictures of the food we ate and the rest of the pictures form Day 2 right here. Day 3 blog posting might come up a little bit late since were leaving for Vegas on Wednesday. So I'll try to post something up before I go, but at the same time I don't want to rush it.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © O P E N M I Q