30 Day Blog - Day 26

5 pet peeves..

If this was 5 years ago, I would've listed you 1,000.  Since then I'm a much happier person.  I still do however have some pet peeves and here they are.

Office politics: It's bad enough that we spend time with our co-workers more than we do our family, so it's even worst when gossip and politics get in the way.  I have one simple rule about office gossip and politics.  If the job you're there for is done and done well, no one should question anything else but that. We are all grown adults.  People should start to learn how to act professionally.  Sure it's nice to have fun and be friends with co-workers, but when you start back stabbing them cause of your own damn insecurity, you need to check yourself.

Assumptions: You should never assume what peoples motives are for whatever they do or assume the reasoning for how they act.  It's such a bad thing.  Emotions can get stirred for no reason.  Here's an idea.  If you do feel like something is wrong, ASK THE FUCKING PERSON!

Weddings: I find weddings these days are so annoying!  Same old bullshit! Everyone is so concerned about how nice and classy their wedding will look but they are forgetting the main thing.  Instead of showing how you can out do the last wedding you attended, why not try showing everyone how much you love each other instead.  Isn't that the point of the wedding?  Kill all that pomp and circumstance bullshit and make your wedding genuine.  Your friends and family will appreciate your relationship and journey a lot more than a fucking 5 min slideshow.

Taking for granted: I see a lot of this and it makes me sick.  People who are married complain about being married.  People who have kids complain about having kids.  People who have big houses and big ticket items complain about the lack of money.  Here is a dose or reality.  If you were lucky enough to find someone, don't complain about them because there are other people out there that don't have anyone.  If you have kids, don't complain how tired you are and how your life has changed.  Plenty of people in this world would like to have that problem.  It's a good problem to have.  Don't buy big expensive things if you can't afford it.  If you did, that means you can, so fuck off and shut up about it because other people can't afford what you can.

Expectations: I struggled through this from my teens to my early 20's. I felt like I needed to be at a certain point in my life due to my age.  Anything else was a failure.  I've come to learn though that all that is bullshit.  You do certain things when you're ready for it.  If you feel like being married at 40, go be married at 40.  If you feel like having a baby at 20, go have a baby at 20.  What I'm trying to say is that the only expectation everyone should have on themselves is to make sure they are happy.  There is no standard timeline of life.  Just be happy and enjoy it.  Please.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way RE: weddings

Leesh said...

Wow! I am so impressed about this post you wrote. They are good pet peeves with valid reasoning.

Is it strange that I want to print out this post and hang it somewhere?

Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maureen said...

wow... you have deep pet peeves and you back that sh!t up! i especially agree with assumptions (hence why i don't believe in "what ifs") and taking for granted. i was just talking about taking for granted last night- you hit it on the nose. i know many people that should be reading that section.

surprisingly weddings not so much... i decided now to just get drunk ass at them. LOL! expectations, when it comes to others, i learned this the hard way back in high school and have been sticking by it ever since.

great post!

 
Copyright © O P E N M I Q