1 Year ago today..

..my wife lost a part of her that can never be replaced. Last year her brother passed away suddenly. Something that nobody ever expected. This last year has been one of the most trying years of my life. The things that I experienced last year is something that I will never wish on anyone. Emotionally, it has been one of the hardest things to deal with. The pressure, the expectations and most of all accepting the fact that everything I was living will never ever be the same again.

I can never replace her brother. No one can. I can never fill that void. All I can do from this day on is move forward and let her know that things will be okay. As my dad told me that day, "It's time to grow up" and that I did.

This experience has taught me how to invest my time in people that genuinely care and spend it with the people that deserve it. I would like to thank my friends who were there for me when I needed to speak my mind with no judgments and as well as helping me relieve the pressure that I was experiencing. I would also like to thank them for trying not to pretend they knew what I was going through and whole heartedly sympathized with our situation. Without them I would've lost it completely.

RIP Gino, we miss you and most of all your sister misses you immensely.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © O P E N M I Q