Happy New Year!


 Happy 2011 everyone.  I really didn't do anything exciting over the weekend.  I think the highlight of my Holiday was today when I finally went snowboarding for the first time since March of last year.  My friends Dwight and Jp joined me and I'm glad to say that JP is HOOKED.  Dwight, not so much lol.  He actually tweaked his knee on his first run down so he didn't really get to doing it at all.  In fact, I think he hated it.

I like snowboarding because it makes me love to get out during the Winter season.  Like surfing and longboarding, I'm not out to be a superstar.  I just want to live life and try out different things and I'm glad to say that I have now shared longboarding and snowboarding with my 2 best friends.  Now the last task is to take them surfing.

I hope everyone had a great NYE.  I didn't really want to do anything.  2010 was a great year for me and I was sad to see it go.  Maybe that's why I didn't want to celebrate NYE.  I actually slept through it LOL!  Thats okay.  We saved money by not doing anything.

The holidays were a success this year.  Leesh had a great time (so I think) and all was well.  It was nice to spend Christmas with my family but no so much on sleeping on air mattresses.  I think this year I'm banning sleeping on air mattresses.  I rather sleep on the couch.

I hope I go snowboarding more and get better at it.  My goal is to board out west in Cali when I visit my mother in law but for now I have to take baby steps in order to get better.

This year in June will be my 5 year wedding anniversary with Leesh.  We are trying to plan something special.  I tried to show her a couple of cool new destinations but she's not feeling birds flying into your room or monkeys on the beach.  She'll come around though.  It just takes a while  for her to realize it.  5 years married and 12 years together in total, I got her all figured out...well kinda LOL!

0 comments:

 
Copyright © O P E N M I Q