HAITI NEEDS HELP



Normally when a natural disaster strikes I don't feel the urge to help knowing that government corruption in that country will find a way to take most of the money donated and keep it for themselves. I don't know if it's because I'm selfish or just feel detached from the situation but like I said, a sense of urgency had never come over me until now.

This is how you know Hispaniola feels like home to me. This Caribbean island holds a very special place in my heart and even though I have never been to the other side of the island (Hati) I feel bad for the whole island and it's people. I feel obligated to help more so than when the Philippines had their own natural disaster just a few months ago. This is how special this island is to me.

To donate, please visit Wyclef Jean's website www.yele.org

0 comments:

 
Copyright © O P E N M I Q